Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Opening Salvo

Howdy. My brother and sis-in-law's blogspace (click here for their blogging goodness) has inspired me to post one of my own. Oh my. So I will take some time to regale you with musings about the world at large and my own little slice of it.

So why the title? I suppose because initially I thought it was clever, but it kind of grew on me. “Itinerant” because I have been a bit of a wanderer in this life – in many ways (insert laughtrack here). I would like to continue the more pleasurable elements of that wandering, but the others I would rather leave to those young enough to endure them. “-Rant” because those of you who know me understand my tendency to take a verbal stance on things, declarative and in a better way than the Talking Ape we have in the White House. Thus the soap-box. “Philosopher” mostly because I needed some claim to fame after earning a degree in it – after all that sheepskin came at a price.

So here I shall “rant”, observe, comment and such. Along the way I’ll share some tidbits about my (new) life and adventures therein. Hope you enjoy the ride.

4 comments:

Viva said...

My beloved brother,
I'm not sure whether it was a good thing or not that our blog inspired you in your efforts, but maybe if we get enough family blogs we can take over the WORLD! Yeah, that's the ticket...

It looks pretty sharp. I look forward to the first real rant!

Anonymous said...

Really?! You? Rant? Really?

Anonymous said...

I believe I heard this rant in the car on Friday night. You think he could come up with some fresh material.

Benzai said...

Dissing my blog? Hmmm... There was some fresh material in there, and the telling of it was slightly more coherent. So there. How's that for a comeback :)