Monday, August 4, 2008

My Kind of Town...Room with a View (sort of...)

Ok I was in Chicago for four of the longest days of my life last week to attend the American Academy of Dermatology show. It was a mix of good and bad, the 'longest days' moniker being assigned because the trade show primarily sucked ass and seemed to last an eternity working the floor. We were in the deepest bowels of the Hyatt Hotel near the lakeshore and I kept expecting to see guys with lamps on their hats walk by it was so dark and dank. It was absolutely gorgeous outside the entire time, which didn't help. Also making it worse was the presence of Lollapallooza which I couldn't attend. I did manage to find a great little jazz club which had a combo playing Davis and Coltraine, that was a good time. Otherwise, I lounged in my room and slept a lot. I didn't get to take a picture out the window, which was just not exciting at all as I looked out into an alley and a dumpster, so I just included this picture of the hotel. I'm back in Chicago again this week for a trade show that the hours of the exhibit hall run 6:30 AM - 5:30 PM - WTF is that all about? I'll take a picture from my room at the freaking Best Western. Adios.

No comments: